Thank you in advance for stopping by Beacon Villages! As many of you know, I used to blog about topics related to the nonprofit sector and about personal development. Now that I’m a mommy, I have changed my focus.
While I still work in the nonprofit sector, you won’t find any topics related to nonprofit management here, unless it fits, of course. However, you still will find posts related to “personal development.” I can’t help it. I’m a work in progress.
To give you a better idea of what you can expect to read, here are my 7 reasons for starting this blog and how you can benefit from reading it.
1. My son is growing up before my eyes. I’m documenting his progression while savoring the journey. Writing frequently prompts me to reflect on the why, what, and how of my parenting.
That was then…August 13, 2010
This is now…as of October 2011
2. We live in Atlanta and our family is mainly concentrated in Wisconsin, California, and Texas. We also have friends around the country who are interested in keeping up with A.J.’s adventures.
3. I desire to improve my writing skills. This blog is a great way to practice.
4. This blog will hopefully connect me with other homeschooling Montessori moms from which I can learn a whole heap.
5. My experience may help other Montessori newbies navigate through the process of putting philosophy into action.
6. As an African-American Montessori homeschooling mom, I may face unique challenges and opportunities. Sharing from this perspective may help other moms like me.
7. I plan to create learning materials for my son. These materials can serve as inspiration for other mom/teachers or possibly be sold to save them time and money.
If we can’t meet in person. I’d love to meet you in the blogosphere! Your comments, questions, and musings are always welcome!
Pray, Persist & Prosper!