Earlier this week I spoke with my good friend Nikeia who suggested I post about healthy snacks options for kids. I’ve divided the list because older kids can eat the toddler snacks but the other snacks may not be appropriate for toddlers.
Here is a list of the main snack items that A.J. eats. We try our best to purchase organic when possible. I understand most parents will provide fresh fruits and veggies, but this list contains a minimum of those items in order to include a variety of other snack items. I’ve included links to our favorite brands where possible.
My DH loves to experiment so I’m sure we will expand A.J.’s list of favorites as time goes on.
- Seaweed chips
- Spinach and Artichoke Hummus with Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Totillas
- Baba Ghannouj (egg plant blended to consistency of hummus)
- Crackers (We try to buy organic wheat with the fewest ingredients. We are out, so don’t have the picture of brand at this time.)
- Bunny Honey Grahams
- Grapes (diced)
- So Delicious Plain Coconut yogurt blended with (blueberries or strawberries)
- Green Smoothie (5 cups fresh baby spinach, 2 bananas, 5 ice cubes, 8oz water, 7oz hemp milk, one scoop Vega) We all drink this every morning.
- Homemade applesauce
- Small portions of peanut butter & jelly on bread
- Wonderful Pistachios with dried cranberries (I’m eating some now as I write this post…yummm!
- Tostitos (Roasted Garlic & Black Bean) with guacamole
- Non-dairy/preferably non-soy yogurt (we prefer So Delicious coconut yogurt) with a variety of nuts, sprinkled with raisins.
- Freeze fruit and blend with your favorite non-dairy/non-soy milk (again, we prefer So Delicious coconut milk, hemp milk, or rice milk) for a smoothie
- Banana with peanut butter
- Granola bars
- Baked sweet potato fries or chips
- Whole grain waffle with vegan cream cheese and jelly
- Strawberry Grahams (Graham crackers with soft vegan cream cheese with fresh strawberries or jam.
- Warm soup with crackers before a meal
Here are a few other internet resources to add to your snack and lunch arsenal.
- Muffin Tin Mom
- Easy Lunch Boxes
- Wiley Valentine – Great small buffet idea for kids
What are some of your favorite snack ideas?
Stay tuned for the next post: Practicing Transferring Skills for the Toddler
Pray, Persist & Prosper!
Great ideas! Thanks so much!
You’re welcome Nikeia! In the future I will post more tasty, healthy snack items for kids and families.