Do you have an embarrassing stain on your carpet that you can’t get rid of so you cover it with a rug to hide it instead? That was me a few days ago. I have since removed that rug and renewed our carpet.
I came across this remedy at Lizzy Writes and simply had to try it. I’m sorry that I don’t have before and after pictures, but please believe me when I say this formula works! Here are the directions.
1. Remove the liquid form the carpet (If this is an old stain, then there will be nothing to scrape up.)
2. Sprinkle baking soda or cornstarch on stain and let it absorb for 10 minutes and then vacuum. (I used baking soda)
3. Mix one tablespoon of clear dishwashing liquid and one tablespoon white vinegar with two cups of warm water. (I used Palmolive pure+clear brand)
4. Using a white cloth , sponge the stain with the detergent/vinegar solution and blot until all the liquid is absorbed. (For the larger stain, I used most of the liquid for smaller stains this was a bit much, so I adjusted all of the portions and dabbed. It worked just fine.)
5. Sponge off with cold water and blot dry.
6. Once it’s dry, vacuum again so the carpet fibers can blend with the other areas of the carpet. (I added this step.)
This totally worked for me and I hope it works for you. If any of you try this, comment on the results.
Stay tuned for the next post: Healthy Lunch Ideas for Kids (Thanks Nikeia for the idea!)
Pray, Persist, & Prosper!